A Jobs Platform that Recommends Mutuals for Jobs
Image credit: Photo by Valentina Giarre on Unsplash
Oguntola Tobi Dec 21, 2021
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
A platform where, when you post a job, only your friends and their friends can apply.
Whenever I need to accomplish something, whether it is to fix a faulty pipe or resolve my dog's tick problem, I always ask people within my network to refer trusted hands who they believe will do a satisfactory job. That is if nobody offers such a service.
In my experience, most people do this. The reason is simple: we trust our friends and their opinions. In fact, a global survey that Nielsen conducted in 2012 showed that 92% of consumers trust earned media, like word-of-mouth and friends and family recommendations above other marketing types.
There are several reasons why I propose this platform, including the following:
- In my experience, most people are doubly motivated to provide a satisfactory experience when they know their friend referred them.
- This platform makes hiring easier as it helps you get first-hand insight about prospective employees from friends within your circle
How Will it Work?
The platform will be built like a social media platform where users are all interconnected.
If you need professional services to accomplish something, whether for yourself or your home, all you'll have to do is follow these steps:
- Sign up for the platform
- Create a profile that includes your profession and other skills
- Invite/import your friends from your phone's address book, WhatsApp, Telegram, Twitter
- Search for a professional who offers what you are looking for
Before you reach out to these professonals, ask your mutual friends if they recommend them. How do they resolve arguments? Are they dedicated to their job? Based on the answers you get, you can then decide whether to hire the job match or not.
What do you think? Would you make use of such an app?
Know someone who can contribute to this idea? Share it with them on , , or