A skincare app that works on image processing and provides objective customer feedback in real time
Image credit: https://www.pexels.com/photo/confident-black-female-with-sheet-mask-taking-selfie-on-smartphone-5938537/
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- The only information available to the consumer to choose a skincare product that potentially meets one’s requirement from a myriad of cosmetic products is customer ratings/customer feedback.
- Consumers often give subjective feedback not backed by any physical evidence.
- Consumers may rate products based on price, quantity, appearance, packaging quality or the like, instead of the intended product claim.
- There are no details about a consumer’s age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, region of residence and other such factors that might influence the product’s performance.
- Have a comprehensive database of major cosmetic products used worldwide.
- Record ingredients used in skincare products and flag products that contain any harmful substances.
- Record user data like age, gender, ethnicity, nationality etc as well as lifestyle choices and food habits.
- Allow users to routinely log pictures of their face, guiding them about optimum settings for light, brightness, angle etc.
- Perform background analysis of the fed pictures and generate a graph of "Days of usage" vs. "Status of skin concern" using image processing.
- Keep selfies uploaded to the App private but data generated from the selfies should be publically available and used for defining performance.
- Aim to optimize the App to analyze for most common skin concerns like acne, wrinkles, hydration, pigmentation, dullness, pores, dark circles and the like.
- Allow users to search for relevant products using performance matrix and filters for age, gender, ethnicity etc.