Can you invent truly independent media?
Image credit: https://mediasat.info/2021/03/11/media-industria-ukrainy-prognoz-sergeya-boyko/
Mikhail Korsanov May 09, 2022
Please leave the feedback on this challenge
Is the problem still unsolved?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
Invent a system that ensures the freedom of the main media influencing public opinion, from the state and big capital, otherwise, it is impossible to hope for objectivity, truth, and impartiality from the media. Dependance may be:
- financial, including hidden and indirect
- hidden personal connections, including family, relatives, and love/sexual relations
- hidden threats to the head of the mass media organization
- personal prejudices
- affecting the media through its audience.
Methods of influence on content:
- direct moderating and editing of content
- creating inside organizational regulations
- selecting authors / reporters / heroes who sincerely express the views required
Nowadays, you know, most "independent" media uses this word only as a marketing trick to make people trust and read/watch.
A peer-reviewed news publication with zero tolerance for manipulation or bias in the articles
Darko Savic May 09, 2022
Peer review combined with an open scoring system ensures that articles report what happened, but not why it happened and what it means. It's meant to be a way of achieving zero propaganda, bias, and manipulation of public opinion in a news publication. I describe it in this idea.
Please leave the feedback on this idea