Charging electric vehicles on the highway by connecting to battery-supplied trucks
Image credit: https://www.pexels.com/photo/white-freight-truck-close-up-photography-2449454/
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- charging on the go (without stopping)
- more charging stations (the market is huge due to a huge number of trucks)
- a way for truck companies to earn money while on the go
- chose the closest one and "reserve" it for 10 minutes (request for charging is sent)
- the truck driver gets notified that you want to charge and approves your request
- you then find it using the "directions"
- drive slowly behind them and click "I'm here"
- the driver confirms your position and slows down to 30 km/h
- you turn on all four blinkers and slow down to 30 km/h, too
- the ramp for the front tires pulls out and you slowly climb on top of it
- the ramp blocks your front wheels and you continue to drive on top of the truck ramp up to 90 km/h
- the ramp itself is a wireless charging station that starts charging your car
- on your map, the routhe of the truck appears so that you can follow in which direction are you heading
- when your car is sufficiently charged or you need to get off the highway in different directions from the truck driver (or the other way around), you click "Finish charging"
- the truck driver slows down again to 30 km/h, releases your front wheels
- you continue you ride with battery charged
- the application calculated the cost of the charge and charges it via the connected credit card