Create a subsidy for the restoration of abandoned infrastructure to experiment with community living spaces
Image credit: Photo by Pixabay: https://www.pexels.com/photo/apartment-architecture-building-business-459627/
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- Make sustainable housing cheap and available for investors willing to try out new solutions for sustainable living.
- The scarcity of building materials like sand means that entire riverbeds are dredged to provide it. This affects localized ecosystems. By using existing materials we can save these ecosystems.
- Community living spaces leave a smaller carbon footprint due to the use of personal mobility solutions instead of cars.
- The growth of the freelance industry and online businesses means it could be possible to completely eliminate the need to live near towns and the consequent suburban commute.
- Helping people willing to restore existing architecture makes for greater awareness on the move toward sustainable living.
- Living in structures designed for community interaction may help people create a sense of connection with each other and maybe make them feel less lonely.
The problem of subsidies - the increasing price of real estates