Discontinue the Olympic games, yet keep competing at already existing stadia or venues
Image credit: k8cheung from Pixabay
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- Games would be held in like they are now - each Games in different country. Country would be chosen according to their application and status - low income countries would have priority. Why we need a central event every four years, and not the always lasting Olympic competition using accredited centers and Judges, is to give some countries a chance to be seen, for people to come there and media to broadcast the current state. It enlights people around a world, teaches them about the situation in the hosting country, and can result in better understanding and empathy = more money.
- With the digital revolution coming in, requirements for huge stadiums, arenas and other could be reduced and replaced with live broadcasts, first-person cameras, etc. to lower the expenses of the hosting country and introduce novel elements to the Olympics
- Part of the sports infrastructure would be newly built, while the rest would be refurbished and transported from the old Olympics site
- The games would be financed through participation and broadcasting fees, sponsorships, ticket sales, merchendise and other (NEW!)
- The only thing the hosting country should invest in is the promotion of the country and the marketing of the Games.
- All the money from the participation and broadcast fees, merchandise and etc. (would be more than the money saved) would be given back to the hosting country to pay for sport infrastructure and invested in building hospitals, schools and other infrastructure, instead of stadiums (NEW!)