How can we harvest energy from trees?
Image credit: https://unsplash.com/photos/2tvkoVK8prc
Please leave the feedback on this challenge
Is the problem still unsolved?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- Is there a way how we can harvest the energy from trees, without harming them?
- Can we somehow turn millions of acres of forests into giant powerplants, while preserving the "lungs of our planet" intact?
- Can we somehow use/collect/transform the force created or energy stored by trees?
- Is there a way, an invention, law or policy that could turn trees into a real renewable energy resource?
- try not to cut trees
- make it implementable/applicable in short future (next 20 years)
- try to preserve the existing forests or increase their number
- make it up-scaleable
- make us think it would work!
Energy from a series of trees "swaying" in the wind
- Connecting many trees in a forest in series using fixed bars in order to translate the movement from the wind into electrical energy.
- Connecting up to 10 trees in parallel to charge a single battery using a wind-caused tree movement.