Open-source immersive digital book experience
Image credit: https://www.pexels.com/photo/kids-sitting-on-green-grass-field-1094072/
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- To connect books with the vasts of content available online
- To make the books more interactive
- To make it available for every reader to leave its footprint on how he/she understood what's written
- To make it easier for people to visualize the described characters and situations
- To enhance the emotion and bring it closer to the reader
- To make it easier for people to learn from books
- To make people enjoy books and read more
- If you choose QR codes as your method, you read the book and occasionally scan the codes to get more information. QR codes take you to explanation pages, detailed authors biography, movies connected to books, character descriptions, cool items eBay links, etc.
- If you choose to "read" it with the AR apps, you scan the book with the app and a cool things like shown here appear. You see how the author imagined characters, beautiful sceneries, environments or monsters to look like. You walk around a small virtual world of the book and explore hidden tracks that give you more information.
- If you choose to "read" the book using VR glasses, you enter the "book experience" which combines videos, sounds and the book. It's created like a video game where you are still asked to read the book, but you can also become one of the characters and experience the situations from their perspective, explore everything connected to a book via external links, see other people's comments and footprints, listen to sounds, feel the tense situations as if they were real, etc.