Building the house into a small biosphere
Image credit: https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1559407011-0df8dd5991d6?ixid=MnwxMjA3fDB8MHxzZWFyY2h8MXx8Ymlvc3BoZXJlfGVufDB8fDB8fA%3D%3D&ixlib=rb-1.2.1&auto=format&fit=crop&w=500&q=60
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
- Construct our daily living or working place into a close-closed small biosphere. Although it is temporarily impossible to achieve a complete balance of functions such as food growing, water recycling, and air circulation in the biosphere, we can add additional measures. The biosphere system provides the necessary substances to ensure its balanced development. Of course, to provide as little biosphere material as possible, we only need to maintain the lowest level of supply. The advantage of this is that, on the one hand, it lowers the threshold for the construction and use of the artificial biosphere; on the other hand, it saves resources in daily life.
- Although the Biosphere 2 experiment failed, it also gave us profound inspiration. Can we build a large closed biosphere system, this system contains multiple subsystems, each subsystem is also a closed or close to closed biosphere, as in Idea 1. In this large-scale biosphere system, as much as possible to maintain the balance of each subsystem, and ultimately achieve the overall balance. Once the overall balance of the system is broken, it can be accurately known which part of the subsystem has a problem.
Simulated Earth-based Environments As Alternative Application
- tropical environments in temperate regions and vice versa, in conjunction with the aid of virtual reality (VR) and augment reality (AR), etc media;
- virtual space environments for tourism and exploration - much cheaper alternative for all;
- limitless commercial possibilities; but
- effect of prolonged VR/AR use on health and wellbeing must carefully be considered.