Consolidate truck drivers using an app that all trucking companies can share.
Image credit: Photo by Quintin Gellar: https://www.pexels.com/photo/white-volvo-semi-truck-on-side-of-road-2199293/
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- Most countries have a major gap in the supply chain from major ports to fulfillment centers. There are enough trucks but not enough people willing to drive them as a long term career choice
- At warehouses and shipping drivers waste at least 2.5 hours waiting for loading and offloading. They also wait for a significantly long time at weighbridges and other truck stops. This is free time that they could use to make some extra money by driving more.
- The issue of driver retention could also be fixed by this method. Instead of expecting a single driver to drive only a single truck, It would be more efficient to hire whoever is available at the moment to drive it
- Trucking was at some point very popular, making it easy for anyone with a license to get a job for just a day could appeal to the growing freelance culture among young people who don't want to be tied down to one thing.
- Since the scarcity is with drivers not trucks, sharing drivers among trucks seems like a very logical solution.
- Most laws make it compulsory for drivers to take a 10 hour break from driving per day for to get enough rest. It could be great if the 10 hor breaks could fall smoothly into the times the trucks were going to be immobile anyway.