How can neurotypical people understand what having autism is like?
Image credit: https://unsplash.com/s/photos/virtual-reality
Be forced into a routine
Try to concentrate under extreme conditions (a series of games)
- Have a meaningful conversation with someone while boxing against 2 opponents (light contact sparring). If necessary, sporadically turn off the lights for a second.
- Play chess with someone while being interviewed. Sporadically play loud sounds of glass shattering, firecrackers going off, children playing, etc.
- and so on
Made up phrases and metaphors in conversations
Sensory deprivation for people with Autism
- "I went to see him personally".
- "This is a new innovation"
- hot water heater
- "He made the hand-made scarf himself"
- "There is frozen ice on the road"
- "I saw it with my own eyes"