How Can We Forestall an Abuse of the Power that Social Media Grants Us?
Image credit: Photo by Adem AY on Unsplash
Please leave the feedback on this challenge
Is the problem still unsolved?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
Implement a "responsibility" tag
- To make people responsible for their actions in places where it matters (public online space).
- To help people understand that not the whole internet is a playground for their disrespectful, hateful, or irresponsible behavior.
- To teach people that their actions have consequences.
- To remind people to think twice before insulting someone, lying, or sharing conspiracies.
- To enforce the law if the situation escalates.
- track user online activity on "public" sites which agree to allow it (collect users' IP addresses, match them with accounts visited from it, doesn't allow IP tunnels, ...); user would beaware of this
- detects "bad" behavior (words of hate, conspiracies, illegal content sharing, sharing of private information, etc.)
- help people learn online behaviour, control their online communication, avoid conflicts or words of hate
- allow authorities to access the records on someone if they break the law "online", someone reports them multiple times or their actions have dangerous or serious consequences
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Finding the distinction between being morally right and appearing to be morally right