Smartphone-only doorbell for enhanced privacy and simplicity
Image credit: https://unsplash.com/photos/BSIjLZa-PUY
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- Some people living in large building blocks don't like the fact that their last name is clearly stated and seen by any passenger (especially if they are public figures) -lack of anonymity
- Classical doorbells in residential buildings consist of a board with tenants' last names and doorbells and sometimes hundreds of in-apartment devices that allow residents to permit entry to the building - costly to implement and maintain; when broken, takes a lot of time to repair since it's paid by the building manager
- People delivering marketing flyers and catalogues often ring random people just to get the doors opened - irritating
- In the age of fast developing technology, we need more flexible and easy-upgradeable smart solutions like this
- No last names displayed on the doorbell boards
- Easy finding of the desired last name
- Reduced random doorbell ringing
- Cheap and upgradeable system that uses existing technology (smartphones)