Using the underfloor heating pipes to harvest heat from underneath photovoltaic panels
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- Increased efficiency of the cooled solar panels results in higher electricity production.
- Bonus hot water to heat homes, swimming pools, etc.
K.A. Moharram, M.S. Abd-Elhady, H.A. Kandil, H. El-Sherif, Enhancing the performance of photovoltaic panels by water cooling, Ain Shams Engineering Journal, Volume 4, Issue 4, 2013, Pages 869-877, ISSN 2090-4479, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asej.2013.03.005.
Some existing solutions that could help create a more efficient system
- Passive and active water heating solar systems
- Hybrid solar panels
- put the pipes inside the panels somehow
- use transparent solar panels or transparent pipes if possible
- try to store the heat in a fluid that has great thermal properties and help heat distribution to boost the PV efficiency
- try not to lose a lot of heat in the pipes between the collector and the tank