An app that keeps track of your teeth' colour, shape and health
Image credit: https://www.pexels.com/photo/a-person-in-gray-scrub-suit-holding-white-digital-tablet-4270359/
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- People love smiles
- People who care about their hygiene would also love to care about their teeth; there are many apps for keeping track of brushing (like this one integrated with a toothbrush), but none for teeth colour (lazy attempt here)
- It's easy to get out of brushing routines
- people usually start to care about their teeth when it's already too late (teeth in bad condition)
- you could track the discolouration of your teeth and apply some of the whitening techniques available
- teeth state can point to more serious diseases and disorders
- fill in the necessary profile details
- upload some of their photos where they are smiling
- give some info about current status of their teeth (caries/cavity, implants, diseases)
- upload X-ray pictures of teeth (orthopanic photos)
- write about daily brushing routines
- fit user into a group according to their smile and mouth/teeth shape
- sort uploaded smiling photos according to the date when the photo was taken
- perform picture analyses (taking into account brightness, exposure, surroundings, etc.) on these photos to make them comparable
- create a log of changes related to your teeth (position changes, colour)
- create the 3-d representation of your teeth according to the X-ray images or pictures taken by the gadgets described in Additional information section (along withchanges in 3-d)
- mark the teeth if they are diseased, have the filling, are an implant, etc.
- calculate the best brushing route that could be exported and updated if paired with electrical toothbrush mentioned in this video
- you could upload new photos or give access to pictures so that the app can look for smiles by itself and check your teeth in the background
- you could film yourself with a front camera from time to time to feed the app
- by gadgets mentioned lower you could give better insight into your teeth health and changes - better recommendations from the app about discolourment (which whitening technique to use) , dentist services, etc.
- after whitening treatments, you could see the progress (also rate different methods)
- calendar and notifications of your appointments
- If an app detects an issue, you could be alarmed and notified to visit a dentist - some diseases can affect enamel (the hard surface of the teeth) and dentin (the underlying material under enamel) and can lead to tooth discoloration
- if you damage your tooth or have a similar problem, you could ask for help
- you could be notified if a service that you need is on a discount somewhere (advertisements)
- you could get recommendation about better brushing techniques, healthier daily routines (avoiding certain food and drinks)
- electric toothbrush (as the one here) - could be equipped with a camera or another sensor that would allow a better teeth hygene tracking
- smart mirrors tool for capturing better in-mouth photos of the teeth
- smart bathroom mirrors to support better hygene
- Ageing - teeth become yellowish/brownish as you age
Smart mouth-washing liquid
- To detect abnormalities not visible by a camera (back of the teeth, nonvisible changes on the surface of teeth,
- To clean mouth more efficiently
- To give recommendations about the brushing technique
- To give information about present tooth fillings