Diet optimization according to how good is individual's digestion
Image credit: https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-measuring-waist-with-tape-in-gym-6551427/
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- Develop a standardized diagnostic tool
- develop nutrient pills or liquids that contain specific amounts of energy and activate specific groups of enzymes (mimic different food types)
- nutrient pills could be better since they mimic solid food, while liquids have shorter time from ingestion to excretion, thus more suitable for testing
- Develop a standardized ready-to-use home kit method
- test should be easy to use, safe and doable at home
- individual should not eat anything for at least 8 hours prior the testing
- specific schedule of pill/liquid intake should be developed to allow proper, sensitive and specific enzyme activation, digestion and read-out
- a person should stick to the intake schedule and collect stool and urine samples as indicated in the protocol
- all samples should be shipped/picked up by the company right after the test is finished
- Laboratory analysis
- the key thing that is being searched in the laboratory analysis of stool and urine samples would be the leftover of the pills/liquids
- by the amount of the undigested nutrients inside a pill/liquid, the algorithm would calculate an energy extraction capabilities of an individual
- the results, along with dietary recommendations, comments and examples would be sent to you