Fully functional replicas of space habitats where people can take vacations in space-like conditions
Image credit: Kaplana One Camera 87 by Bryan Versteeg
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- Let people experience what life on Mars and in space would be like.
- Boost tourism and provide a living to people in some arid remote areas.
- Gain experience and iterate on space habitat technologies in real-life scenarios.
- Experiment and study psychological aspects of living in artificial, enclosed, nature-like environments.
Expand the idea to construct a large-scale astrobiology lab that actively recruits people to continually study the effects of space-flight in human biology
- What is the mechanism of diseases in space?
- How do viral and bacterial infection processes in space differ from that on earth?
- How does cellular evolution differ in space as compared to earth?
- offers accessibility
- ease of operation
- large scale testing and trials can be done easily
- ease of recruiting people