How can we solve e-Waste?
Image credit: Mark Stosberg via Unsplash (https://unsplash.com/photos/pQpF7v4Glb8)
Please leave the feedback on this challenge
Is the problem still unsolved?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- How Crade-to-death is integrated to technology; thus how can we make it cradle-to-cradle
- How to use a devices death or near death in a positive way for society
- Classic angle: how to recycle all parts of a device
- Are our devices really 'dead'? What constitutes a time for replacement?
- Are we (consumers) the ones polluting or are manufacturers the ones that should be responsible for recycling and reusing our devices?
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Recycle and recover the metals of e-waste
Mandadi, GK, Asmatulu, R, Khan, WS, Asmatulu, E. Fast and affordable recycling approach to electronic waste above the melting point using induction heat combined with centrifugal forces. Asia-Pac J Chem Eng. 2020; 15:e2483. https://doi.org/10.1002/apj.2483