How could we find the parents of an orphan?
Image credit: Istockphoto
Please leave the feedback on this challenge
Is the problem still unsolved?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- The parents who abandoned their kids could be found, financially obliged to help the kids, and potentially convicted, which could reduce the rate of child abandonment.
- It could also make people act more responsibly when thinking (or not thinking) about children.
- It could reduce the spending on foster care (in 2015, 9 billion USD was spent to support 427910 kids in foster care ).
Start via 23andme
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Track the baby from pregnancy to vaccine shots
- Successfully monitoring whether every baby has taken their necessary shots.
- If an orphan baby is found, it can be matched with the registered list of babies who have missed their shots. Moreover, the baby's gender and ethnicity can help further pinpoint its parents by matching its characteristics with those of the parents whose babies have missed the shots.