Is there a better way for people to give sexual consent?
Image credit: Good2Go
Please leave the feedback on this challenge
Is the problem still unsolved?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- Sexual consent has forever been a 'grey area' in society. A culture of assuming, going with the flow and the influence of drugs and alcohol has made it a difficult topic to traverse. Several high profile cases of sexual assault accusation still don't leave us any closer to an actual solution.
- Education in schools has certainly improved over the past few decades and several campaigns run by governments, universities, and charities have brought awareness to the subject.
- There are several apps out there designed to get digital sexual consent from parties involved. Some of the most popular are Legal Fling and iConsent. These apps have received a ton of negative press though .
- The age for consent varies from country to country, as do the laws. As sex has become a more explicit part of our societies, younger people are partaking in sexual activity. Do we have an obligation to protect our youth?
- The apps seem like a good idea on face value. A system where people can choose what they do/don't want to do and agree on these things with their partner (via facial scan, QR code etc.) seems like it could work.
- Better education fromschools, governments and especially parents. The younger generation need to be better informed of the risks involved with sexual activity and what consent really means.
- We need to respect ourselves and each other more, especially in situations where we are vulnerable.