Novel tasteless water-based drink for long-term hydration
Image credit: https://unsplash.com/photos/N-MqWXXZvNY
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- People enjoy drinking water and do not trust hydration-boosting powders or electrolyte drinks due to their sugar contents, bad taste or unknown ingredients
- The full bladder hurts - How many times did you wake up because you had to go to the toilet? Or felt that you need to hydrate yourself more, drank litres of water, just to visit the toilet more often?!
- Researchers state that
- the more water you drink, the faster the drink empties from your stomach and gets absorbed into the bloodstream
- sugars, proteins and fat help to slow the emptying of fluid from the stomach and keep hydration happening over a longer period
- sodium and potassium act like a sponge and hold onto the water in the body and resulting in less urine produced
- low-sugar beverages are more hydrating than high-sugar beverages
- a urine test strips printed on the drink label, that you can take off and use for home or toilet testing (example 1, example 2). included on the bottle cap, etc).
- a saliva test strips printed on the label, that you can take off and quick perform testing on the site (example 1)
- a skin pinch test that you can use with your smartphone app (input data or film a video) that would take care your age, skin care, smoking and cosmetic treatments to precisely calculate your current level of hydration and would come along with a detailed guide and user-friendly interface. It could also be sponsored by dermatologists or companies selling dermatological products.