Remote Push Button gadget to improve access of decentralized non servers computers
Image credit: Installed Remote Push Button RPB V02
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- The RPB is fixed with a silicon hot gun over the pushbutton of the equipment.
- Through the teach cycle of the RPB, one can configure the displacement for pushing the button just enough. The RPB has a 26mm stroke length.
- Once the displacement or stroke of the RPB has been taught, the device is connected to a wifi outlet.
- The RPB can be triggered to run its remote push button cycle, which once is turned on, powers on the attached device and remains without further actions until it is powered off.
- How to easily install the RPB on every laptop and desktop design. The current solution is to install with help of a silicone hot gun on the equipment surface based on the plastic case needs.
- Because equipment frames can vary a lot from model to model, and brand to brand, the legs of the RPB can be articulated; they are now rigid. How else can this issue be solved?
- Can it be smaller, because of the pushing force needed?
- Would it be useful to integrate the RPB with a GSM/GPRS to avoid the wifi local configuration?
- Does it need real feedback from the device to acknowledge the push button was truly pushed (for example, when the mechanism fails, how will it be noticed?)
If the easy way to install it is with a silicone gun just give one with the remote push button.