Simplified foot care for the elderly
Image credit: Lolopiani peel
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- physical inability to bend down, apply creams, scrub
- not seeking professional help, assuming that the changes are normal in old age
- being overburdened by other medical problems and thus neglecting the less important ones
- simplifies foot care for elderly
- makes it easy for caregivers to slip the treatment in without having an awkward talk that could offend people
Miikkola, Maija et al. “Challenges of foot self-care in older people: a qualitative focus-group study.” Journal of foot and ankle research vol. 12 5. 18 Jan. 2019, doi:10.1186/s13047-019-0315-4
Bath socks for everyone
Ren W, Xu L, Zheng X, Pu F, Li D, Fan Y. Effect of different thermal stimuli on improving microcirculation in the contralateral foot. Biomed Eng Online. 2021 Feb 2;20(1):14. doi: 10.1186/s12938-021-00849-9. PMID: 33531012; PMCID: PMC7856788.
“Evaluation of the Efficacy of Warm Salt Water Foot-Bath on Patients with Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: A Randomized Clinical Trial.” Complementary Therapies in Medicine 49:102325. doi: 10.1016/j.ctim.2020.102325.