Small business co-manufacturing spaces including co-cloud kitchens
Image credit: Photo by CoWomen: https://www.pexels.com
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- It will be a boon for small manufacturing business owners and startups until they can scale. Small manufacturing businesses are usually working from their houses, garages, etc., and cannot spend much until they grow. This is an uncertain period where they don't know if their venture will work and if should they invest in a larger space and machinery.
- This is a business idea for funding agencies. They construct a co-manufacturing space and lend it. They earn from the rent and also from royalties and equity.
- Businesses can better collaborate with other businesses in the co-manufacturing space. The product of one business could be the raw material for the other. Such businesses will save a lot on transportation.
- Other services like legal, advertising, etc. will be cheaper if the space has a designated outsourcing agency.
- Unskilled labor could be employed by the owner and they could work for any of the businesses that need an extra person.
Basics on co-manufacturing business model
- Smart scheduling for reservations and clear users traceability.
- Accurate billing system on using machinery and spaces employed.
- Statistics for client management (on this concept I will latter complement)
- User friendly and safety policies.
- Facilitate an environment for entrepreneurs, emerging companies, investors, ventures and alliances.
- Co-manufacturing main solution/business-offer is to provide a non fixed asset investment for manufacturing small MVP , prototyping, small quantity orders and R&D projects .
- Clients should have their own machining cutting tools, because of the enormous possibilities they are depending on what to manufacture and because of the wearnes during use, that could be parametrized on computerized manufacturing process .
- Clients should provide their own materials. But the co-manufacture would benefit from having stocked material from suppliers to sell on site. The business model could include suppliers partners that can consign material for sell on demand.
- Co-manufacturing should supply licenses for an affordable set of softwares in order to concatenate the design to the manufacturing process, facilitate software validation, manufacturing administration and computer assisted design tools.
- Requiring proven technical skills for machinery manipulation per each machine clients want to use. This incentive hiring and partnership both with professionals and technical members. If the user can’t make it to have it on the team, then the co-manufacturing could offer the manufacturing as a service (extra: on non lavouring hours with the highest automated manufacturing process available based on budget).
- The co-manufacture could protect fixed assets investments if it partners with an insurance company that handles the users session.
- Offer to clients a paid service for financial and accountability administrations to ease the creative process of startups. Offering an updating five year financial projection based on users feedback and statistics from client managment.
- Offer to clients the possibility of fundings rounds based on: (1) only legal established societies or one person owner business, because of the need of clearly defined owner percentages. (2) co-manufacturing users' financial statements.
- co-manufacturing incomes are at least from renting spaces and machines, selling materials and cutting tools, providing additional services, and commissioning on fundings rounds.
Agustín "Flowalistik" Arroyo, 2020, wikifactory, https://wikifactory.com/+wikifactory/stories/everything-you-need-to-know-to-about-hardware-mvp
Will Kenton, 2022, Research and Development (R&D) Definition, Types, and Importance, https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/randd.asp
STEMA professional profile, 2022, R&D Hardware Engineer, https://stema.io/annuncio/gefran-s-p-a-brescia-profilo-professionale-hardwarista/
minaprem, What is a Cutting Tool? Examples, Classification and Materials, http://www.minaprem.com/machining/cutter/introduction/what-is-a-cutting-tool-examples-classification-and-materials/
Mei Tian Xiong, 2019, Classification and Selection of Cutting Tool Materials, https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/classification-selection-cutting-tool-materials-amanda#:~:text=Currently%2C%20cutting%20tool%20materials%20are,are%20commonly%20used%20in%20machining.