The metadata-based dating app
Image credit: https://unsplash.com/photos/8s9cDpite-8
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- Users tend to create fake profiles on dating sites (sociopaths and psychopaths)
- People are not always aware of their flaws and create profiles that don't represent them
- Profile-making often requires extra effort (topic dealing with boosting profiles for better matching) and does not always bring more successful matching
- ALLOW YOUR METADATA TO SAVE YOU TIME AND TALK HONESTLY FOR YOU (the metadata could be that "gut feeling" that Darko Savic mentioned here) --> simplifying dating apps
- simply allow app access (one-click) to location, gallery (photo metadata), messages (contents, not user information), calls (metadata), collected browsing history, app usage and other "metadata"; your name, surname, age, card numbers, address, mobilephone numbers and similar private information would never be shared nor used by the match-finding algorithm
- wait for the algorithm to find you a possible match; the algorithm would create a short summary of your mostly used keywords, habits, and other data derived from your metadata and pack it into your "user summary"; you would never be able to see your summary
- choose if you like the summaries of suggested possible matches by reading them and swiping left or right
- only if you match with someone, you would get a larger summary of the person and the ability to share your photo with them
- if you both like your photos, you would get a chance to communicate and share private information (TWO MATCHING REQUIRED - increased safety)
- browsing history (keywords, types of content, creators, period of day, etc)
- time spent on the app per day (time, app type)
- location (to extract data about your physical activity, enhancing the algorithm by matching the radius of search to your "preferred" distance (Distance you are comfortable of making))
- gallery photos metadata (keywords, size, number, type, image info, etc)
- messages (when do you text, with how many people (social interactions), are the messages short or long, etc)
- camera activity (if you are keen on taking photos, videos or none)
- voice records, phone call durations, etc
- ADDITIONAL CAUTION FEATURE
- after the match, the communication could continue only by you seeing the new summaries of your matches' activity; this period would last some time that would be calculated by the algorithm (between 1 and 7 days)
- after that period you would again have to swipe left or right based on if you still like the person
- HIDDEN ORIENTATION - the app would not allow you to choose your orientation --> you could expect the match to be both, a man or a woman, based on your metadata