A network of public outdoor classrooms shared by all schools within an area
Image credit: Outclass
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- Make education more pleasant and fun.
- Make it easy for a teacher to take the pupils out into nature.
- A more affordable and widely accessible alternative to this.
- Kids spend a substantial percentage of their youth enclosed in classrooms. Spending more time outdoors improves cognitive function, brain activity, blood pressure, mental health, physical activity, and sleep.
- arhitecture students as part of the curiculum
- woodcraft or technical school students
- comissioned by the city
- comissioned by ministry of education
- one classroom paid for by each school's budget
- parents in groups
Jimenez, Marcia P et al. “Associations between Nature Exposure and Health: A Review of the Evidence.” International journal of environmental research and public health vol. 18,9 4790. 30 Apr. 2021, doi:10.3390/ijerph18094790