Establishing problem-solving as a professional sport at the international level
Image credit: Bryan Roark / 2015 TSA-EKU regional competitions
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- Problem-solving teams do their training by solving all kinds of local problems - creating value in the process and making the world a better place one idea at a time.
- By bringing creative thinkers into the spotlight, we inspire future generations to strive toward being great problem-solvers. This subsequently makes humanity advance faster.
- As an adaptive species, we become increasingly good at what we practice. Imagine what the world would be like in several generations if practicing problem-solving was highly regarded in society.
- The Brainstorming platform creates tools/features that make it possible for individual brainstormers to form teams, brainstorm privately and then submit solutions/ideas as teams.
- We come up with "universal guidelines for judging/scoring solutions to problems" (feasibility, efficiency, etc)
- A set of guidelines for local problem-solving associations and teams
- The Brainstorming platform hosts large-scale challenges where only teams can participate
- A country is the first to run a pilot where they form problem-solving teams by city. Teams compete in play-off challenges/prizes intended to improve the quality of living within the country. A national champion team is crowned at the end of the year.
- Teams from multiple countries compete in solving problems at the international level.
- An establishment of an "International federation of problem-solving associations" - an entity in charge of organizing international problem-solving competitions at the highest level