Apply Bacteria to the Scalp for Hair Regeneration
Image credit: Kalhh/Pixabay
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- Are there patterns in regards to the abundance and diversity of bacterial species in individuals with hair and without hair?
- Are there any "bad" bacterial species that drive hair loss?
- Are there any "good" bacterial species that maintain hair growth?
- Are there differences in the hair microbiome depending on geographical location, gender, age (centenarians), and ethnicity?
- How does the hair microbiome mediate its effects on the hair follicles and on hair growth?
Lousada, M. B., et al. "Exploring the human hair follicle microbiome." British Journal of Dermatology.
Huang, Jinghong, et al. "Investigation on Microecology of Hair Root Fungi in Androgenetic Alopecia Patients." Mycopathologia 184.4 (2019): 505-515.
Levkovich, Tatiana, et al. "Probiotic bacteria induce a ‘glow of health’." PloS one 8.1 (2013): e53867