Minimal viable town squares built like franchises in settlements that lack communal areas
Image credit: Desigher Outlet Cotsowlds by Robert Hitchins Ltd
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- It is common in my part of the world for even large settlements to lack communal areas. All the land is privately owned and people build only for themselves, without considering the community. What could have been a town becomes just a series of houses along a road. Other than their backyards, people have nowhere to socialize.
- Make settlements/villages more lively and increase the frequency of social interactions.
- Add some urban elements to rural areas so that people can have the best of both worlds.
- benches and hard surfaces suitable for sitting
- a caffee / restaurant
- a bakery
- seasonal sweets (ice cream and smoothies in the summer, something else in the winter)
- an area for kids to play
- parking lots
- a marketplace where locals can sell their produce
- what else?
- The town squares could be run like shopping centers where the shops are leased out to 3rd parties.
- They could also be run like resorts, where all the people are employed by a single company.