Using synchronized drones to display emergency notices, warnings and instructions during critical times
Image credit: Drone100" performed by Ars Electronica Futurelab, for Intel, in 2015
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Is it original or innovative?
Is it feasible?
Is it targeting an unsolved problem?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
- In case of war, civil or otherwise, the attacker will take down communication and power first to create confusion. This means that unless there is a backup power system or people live relatively close to each other, Most people will have no idea what is happening and panic will ensue.
- Taking into consideration the fact that there is a tactical advantage in attacking at night, drones with lights offer the best option on how to guide people on what to do to preserve their lives.
- Since the system is live, you can change evacuation routes at a moment's notice to ensure that people will stay on the safest path.
- Since it's not one unit but a bunch of drones, taking them down would also pose a challenge for the attacking party.
- The drones are really small so they can't appear on radar when you disperse them, Similarly, turning off the lights on them at night renders them practically invisible.
- Since they can be operated by a program, it doesn't take a lot of manpower and other people can be directed to aid other efforts.