Can a human-centred AGI simulate a solution to rectify the emotional shocks to humanity brought about by historical events that disrupt social interaction?
Image credit: Natasha Connell, unsplash.com
Please leave the feedback on this challenge
Is the problem still unsolved?
Is it concisely described?
Bounty for the best solution
Provide a bounty for the best solution
Bounties attract serious brainpower to the challenge.
Trampe, D., Quoidbach, J., & Taquet, M. (2015). Emotions in Everyday Life. PLOS ONE, 10(12), e0145450. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0145450
Berkman, E. T. (2018). The neuroscience of goals and behavior change. Consulting Psychology Journal: Practice and Research, 70(1), 28–44. https://doi.org/10.1037/cpb0000094
Internet is full of emotions and can be used to guide AGI
- Managing emotions could be done by applying up-to-date methods in situations of unprecedented emotional turmoil to reduce the negative effect of the event and regulate the behavior
- A human-centered AGI maybe doesn`t need the biochemical background to understand the emotional process; maybe all it needs is the trigger and an outcome
- AGI could be learned to influence browsing content a person sees online in order to therapeutically help
- How to reduce the stress from emotionally stressful situations by hormone/other-kind-of manipulation?
- Illegal drugs (cocaine, LSD, heroin) are often used to play with your mind and emotions
- e.g. Ketamine - used to be given to wounded Vets to "get them away" and observe as a third-person; recently approved by the FDA to treat depression
- e.g. acetaminophen (Tylenol) and ibuprofen (Advil) reduce emotional pain in addition to physical pain
- antidepressants make you feel numb
- Professional psychological approaches
- Physical ways of managing emotions using light, sound, or e.g. optogenetics, introduced by @Anja
- Spiritual ways of reaching the emotionless state or a state where you can control your emotions (something like "The choiceless awareness" theory )
- more realistic and sympathetic virtual assistants like Siri and Alexa that can then share our happiness or help us when feeling sad or depressed
- emotion-powered decision making in the AI industry (human-like robots that "feel")
- novel therapeutic approaches to treat psychological disorders
- preventions or diminution of unwanted public reactions (fights after the match, protests, ) by "pre-sensing" the emotion-triggers and reduce negative reactions
Please leave the feedback on this idea
Further inquiry into optogenetics?